February #1 - Petunia


Other than the fact my son was born in February, I really dislike the month.  It may be our shortest in length, but it seems to just go on forever.  The days are short and the skies are gray.  I actually finished this hat over a week ago but I've been waiting for a sunny day in order to take a picture.

The pattern, Durango, is available for free from Catherine Lindsey. I used almost a full skein of Berroco Comfort yarn in Wild Raspberry Heather (purple) with a bit of Chalk Comfort for the band. The hat is crocheted with a size I hook.  Stitches used are chain, single crochet, double crochet, front post double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet decrease and slip stitch.  I've never crocheted a hat from the brim up so this was a new experience for me.  Both the fpdc and dec stitches were new and took some time learning.  The original flower I made came out HUGE.  It took about as long to make as the hat itself, but was much to overpowering.  I started over and like these results much better.  I used Comfort, again, in Goldenrod for the center and Pimpernel for the petals.  I will most definitely be making this hat again.

Comments

Popular Posts