July 2011 hat #3 - Sailor Hat
















So after writing my last post I really got to thinking about that sailor hat and how I could make it. I was waiting for my daughter to come home, had some free time, so I got started. A couple hours later and, voila.  I haven't written a post practically all month and I write two in one day.  Oh well....

I used Lily Sugar'n Cream in White and an H hook. I used a basic hat pattern of single crochet increases for 12 rounds and then continued single crochets in each stitch until it looked tall enough. I then did a front post single crochet around, slip stitched closed, chained one and turned. For the brim, I did six rounds of sc, another round of sc with four extra stitches evenly spaced throughout the round and then one more round of sc. Done. Super simple nothing fancy. Not quite what I had in mind, but it works.

Comments

Popular Posts