Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 2011 hat #1 - My Danish Hat
















OK...so my first hat in my new year of challenge isn't even a child's hat. But, it is one that I had started in June and I wanted to finish. I had actually made one earlier, but I gave it away as a gift, so I wasn't able to count it as a chemo cap. I really liked the cap and was particularly proud of the fact that the pattern was originally in Danish (and I don't speak Danish), so I wanted to write about it. I found the hat by chance when I was trolling through the hundreds of Ravelry patterns looking for something cute to make for a friends daughter. I was disappointed to find that the pattern wasn't in English, but decided that it couldn't be that hard to figure it out. I've learned enough about hat construction over the past year, I figured, why not give it a go. So...with the help of an on-line translator and a bit of time, viola. A successful, and might I add, very cute hat.

If you must have the original pattern, it is available in Danish from Filcolana. I've translated the pattern and written it up in an pdf on my pattern page to make things a bit easier for those who'd like to give it a try. I used Berroco Comfort in Wild Raspberry Heather on a 16" size 7 circular needle and 1 set of size 7 dpn. Stitches used are knit, purl, K2tog, and a bobble stitch. KnittingHelp.com has a nice video that shows how to make a bobble if you've never made one before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment