April #1 - Foolish Friday Fiber
















It's April 1st and silly pranks were rampant on the Internet today. It got to the point I wasn't sure I'd believe anything I was reading. So foolish had the posts become that I myself got into a foolish mood and thought I'd come home and make a foolish hat. I had seen this pattern recently and thought it fit the bill. Not that the hat itself looks foolish, but you need to be a bit nuts to want to have so many yarn changes. Yarn changes leave lots of yarn ends that need to be woven in. I swear it takes sometimes just as long to weave in all the yarn end as it does to make the hat itself.

The pattern as a free Ravelry download, designed by Sharon Maher. I tried to be a little bolder with my color choice (this is still a bit of a challenge for me) and used a variety of Berroco Comfort yarns in Pimpernel, Raspberry Sorbet, Rose, Seedling, and Wild Raspberry Sorbet. I also added in some stash yarn Sensations Bellezza Smania in some pastel bluish/pink color and some really old Moda-Dea fun fur in a bluish purple. The hat is crocheted with a size I hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch. The pattern is based on the concept of a granny-square concept so it works up very easily.

Comments

Popular Posts