October 2012 #1 - A New Kind of Fall
















Strange name for a hat, but...that's what it looks like to me. Fall with a twist. Oh, perhaps that would be a better name? Oh well. I've actually had this hat done since earlier in the month, but I've been crazy busy at school and such and just haven't had the time to sit and type. (actually trying to finish up some hats for another charity that are due at the end of the month)

This month I challenged myself to pull some patterns from one of the many magazines I have stockpiled. I'm a terrible magazine purchaser. I see them, love them, buy them, and then never make anything out of them. So, this month's hat pattern #1 is named Golden Glade Hat and can be found in Creative Knitting, September 2009, on page 56. I used Berroco Comfort in Falseberry Heather (brown), Lidfors (yellow), Dried Plum, with the small striping in Seedling on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, yarn over, slip stitch, ssk, psso, and k2tog. I used one needle size smaller than the pattern called for because I feel that when making color changes or stripes, Comfort works better on a slightly smaller needle. I happened to have similar colors as to what was used in the pattern photo, so I went with those, but the color combinations are limitless. The hat worked up quickly and was easy to make. It's a keeper.

And you might have noticed that I hadn't posted anything after October 14th regarding the winner of my little contest.  Although I feel certain that there were votes cast no one posted a comment so therefore I've no one to send my gifts to.  Perhaps next time...

Comments

Popular Posts