April 2013 #1 - Sparkly Blue
















I've had a sort of knitters block these past several months trying to be creative for the Halos of Hope Camp Happy Times Campaign of "stars". Obviously I try to do my best for the kids, but golly, I've just not been able to wrap my head around this theme, and I can not for the life me understand why. It has sort of just shut me down creatively. That and the fact I've been going to physical therapy as a result of small injury from a January fall on the ice. So to help me over the bump, I decided to step away from the campaign and just knit a hat.

I simply c/o 88 stitches knit for five inches and begin decreases adding a knit round between decrease rounds until the "k3, k2tog" round after which I omitted the knit rounds. (I just like the way the crown lies better, it's a personal preference) I had some donated Berroco Candy FX in Ocean Spirit held together with Classic Elite Provence in Island Blue and Cascade Yarns Pima Tencel in Misty Lavender on a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used are knit and k2tog. I didn't have enough of either of the cottons so I figured I would just combine them into one. After finishing the hat I probably should have made the hat into consistent stripes, but...

Now that finally made I hat, I need to get busy. I've got some catching up to do.

Comments

Popular Posts