May 2013 #2 - Purple's OK
















In these past few weeks we have seen some rather wild weather in the Midwest, most notable the devastation in Moore Oklahoma. The images on our TV and computer screens tug at our hearts and we find ourselves asking, "What can we do to help?" Halos of Hope is answering that question by using their organizational outreach in Campaign for Oklahoma. The need may be great since the medical facility that services local cancer patients was one of the many buildings completely destroyed by the tornado. The goal is 150 adult sized summer weight cotton or cotton blend hats.

To help, I gathered up my needles and made Spring Beret available as a Ravelry download. I used Lily Sugar'n Cream Scents in Lavender on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, yarn over, slip, k2tog, and psso. The pattern is available in both a slouchy and less slouchy version. Mine is the less slouchy version, which is still pretty slouchy. Although the pattern was fairly simple, I had a heck of time keeping the right amount of stitches between markers because I was consistently forgetting one of the steps, leaving me with either too many or not enough stitches . I think I'm just brain challenged when it comes to working with those darn yarn overs.

Oh and did you notice I've stopped apologizing for late postings.  I think this is just become my life.  Anyway, why not join me in helping make a hat or two (or three) to help Halos of Hope achieve their goal?



Comments

Popular Posts