June 2013 #2 - Simply Summer
















Man I really dislike falling so far behind in posting my work, but at times it simply can not be helped. You would think that perhaps I hadn't gotten any knitting done during the actual month of June, but in fact, I was quite productive having finished off four additional hats between my first posting and this one. After designing the Mixed-Up May I found it to be such a fun hat I continued to make a few more of them.

This particular hat was to be a very simple summer hat in a nice easy cotton. I just started knitting making up the pattern as I went and then got a bit carried away with the bind-off. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Snow on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, kfb and a picot bind-off. Overall I'm pleased with the end result, but think perhaps the green band should be just a slight bit narrower. Let me know what you think, is it worth writing up the pattern? Or are there plenty of sun hat patterns already available?

Comments

Popular Posts