August 2013 #2 - Slouch This!
















Aha, I made it before the end of the month! Really, given the craziness of back-to-school these past several weeks this is actually quite the accomplishment for me. And sadly this particular hat is one that has an even longer history since it was started last year. Yes, last October to be exact. But I ran out of the dark gray and then Berroco was having some production issues and yarn was hard to come by, so I simply took the hat off the needles and put it away. I was cleaning out my yarn closet recently, found the project, ordered some yarn, and although it didn't match the original yarn as closely in color as I would have liked, it was enough that I was happy enough to finish up the hat and move on.

Although the pattern is probably not widely unique, it is an original and the pattern is available for free as a Ravelry download. I used Berroco Comfort in Kidz Orange, Dusk, Smokestack, Primary Yellow and Primary Blue on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit and k2tog with a provisional cast on. It's a great hat for a small boy to young teen. It fits my adult son, but without enough slouch for his liking so he has suggested changes for another version and has already picked out his yarn. I guess I best get busy.

Comments

  1. wondering if you are still doing this project? also, noticed in your 'about' that you frequent a yarn shop in AH - I grew up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this looks like a great hat and just the pattern my niece is looking for. However I have a question with respect to the decrease rows. Why do they go from 1-9 and then 6-11. Also where do you start the first decrease row? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment Jill. The decrease row numbering is simply an overlooked error and has been fixed. Thank you for catching it. Enjoy the hat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts