August 2013 #1 - Blue Honey
















Can you believe I missed July entirely? I'm ashamed to admit it but life just got a bit too busy. My daughter bought a new house and the time I would spend knitting was instead spent helping her. Still a worthy cause, but certainly far more physically demanding. I had brought several hats with me to work on and all my knitting simply sat untouched as I was too tired each night to even think about picking up my yarn and needles. I'll try to make up some extras over the coming months, but I have some hand surgery in my future so I think it may be a struggle just keeping up from here on out for awhile. Please be patient with me.

With the summer months upon us I was looking for a pattern that would offer the wearer a style that offered coverage while letting in a bit of a breeze. I found Op. 11 by EatingLemonKnitKnitKnit. I used Berroco Weekend for the main body in Starry Night and Cascade Yarns Pima Tencel in Purple Ice for the ribbing on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, yarn over, slip stitch, psso, and k2tog. I had made the had previously in a wool yarn for another charity and created a seam like affect. Of course, I thought I could do better and made adjustments to the pattern. Wrong! The adjustments are not really noticeable, but they were a pain to keep adjusting for. Which is most likely why the pattern was written why it was. Which is why I shouldn't have thought I knew better. Silly me. I like the pattern, it was quick, it was easy, and it is pretty.

Oh, and if you're curious about the name...I thought the pattern created a honeycomb look. I'm running out of ideas of hat names and I've got this thing about naming my hats.  I know, I need a life. LOL

Comments

Popular Posts