January 2015 #2 - Coach





















Apparently old habit die hard. I've had this hat finished for a couple of weeks, but am only now posting it. Perhaps my new resolution should have been to post in a more timely fashion. Oh well. 

Over the past several years I have been lucky enough to attend XRX's Stitches Midwest events where I have had the good fortune to meet many wonderful fiber artist. I find them to be very gracious and talented individuals and enjoy following their various blogs, podcasts and Facebook posts. It was one such post by Kristin Omdahl that I found this hat.

The Coaches Knit Hat is available free on her website. I made the Worsted Version using Berroco Comfort in Wild Raspberry Heather on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl and ssk. I used the Old Norwegian cast-on to allow for a stretchier edge and the pattern just flew off the needles. I thought the decreases were very clever, which always make me wonder how people think of this stuff. LOL. The pattern is also available in a bulky version on the website which I might knit up next.

Comments

Popular Posts