May 2015 #1 - Lemon Drop


















Apparently I'm in a yellow mood. I pulled this worsted cotton out of my stash in order to knit up a nice spring hat. I found what I thought was the perfect pattern, finished the ribbing and was about two inches into the hat when I decided it was far too dense and heavy for what I wanted. Frogged that one. Started another hat pattern that had a nice cable and lace pattern, but I was even less happy with how that was working out. Frog number two. I decided to break with my comfort level and look for a crochet pattern (goodness knows my crochet skills are not the greatest).

This pattern Rubylene Hat is available for free on Ravelry. The hat is crocheted with Lily Sugar n'Cream in Yellow on a size H hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch. The stitch rows are a bit slanted, but I don't think it takes away from the overall look of the hat so I'll live with it. Thankfully no more frogging.

Comments

Popular Posts