July #1, #2 & #3 - A totally late post

Here it is almost the middle of October and I'm finally posting my July hats. You might even be asking what has happened to August and September. School/work. Depression. Lack of being able to pick of my needles and work with fiber. Obviously I haven't even been able to even get a few pictures taken and type a few words. I'm still not really knitting, only managing a few rows here and there, but perhaps its progress.
















Hats #1 and 2, Dos Elia, is the Elia and is available as a free Ravelry download. The hat is knit with Muench Yarns Family in Gray, Yellow and a variegated on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl, and k2tog. The yarn was donated to me so I know nothing about it other than it is super soft and makes a wonderful chemo yarn. I had little of the variegated, which is why I choose this pattern, in order to make the most of what I had and get two slightly different, yet similar hats.
















Hat #3 is Fluff is available for purchase on my Ravelry site. I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton in Aqua for the body and River Run for the ribbing, on a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, and k2tog. The bobbles are not really bobbles, but are really a faux bobble created by picking up a stitch and purling it.

I'm hopeful that I've turned the corner on this little bout of depression and that the tears and lack of energy are soon to be behind me. Hopefully hat making will soon return and my posts here will become a regular feature again. Thanks for visiting.

Comments

Popular Posts