November #1 & #2 - Pumpkin Pie and Blue Moon

I think I might be getting some of my knitting mojo back. At least I hope so. I thought I'd try my hand at crochet, since it tends to work up more quickly for me. I started back in October, thinking about Halloween, and found this chunky hat. I had just enough of the beige yarn to finish the main part of the hat, but then set it aside. I'm not certain why, but I finally picked it back up over my Thanksgiving break.
















I found the pattern on Ravelry, Perfectly Pumpkin Slouch Hat and it is offered for free on the designer's website.  I used Berroco Comfort in Bittersweet for the ribbing, and three colors held together for the main hat, Pumpkin, Lindfors and Barley. I used a size L hook for the main hat and a size J hook for the ribbing. Stitches used were chain, single crochet and half double crochet. I added an extra four rows to the ribbing for a wider brim and I did not add the vines shown in the pattern. I liked the look of the hat without the extra embellishment.
















I also found this pattern on Ravelry, Citadel with the free pattern available on the Hedgehog Fibres website. I used Berroco Comfort in Honeyberry Heather on a size 6" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl, slip, k2tog, and SSK. The pattern called for a twelve repeats of the pattern but I only did eight because I was afraid I'd run out of yarn. (and I just barely made it) It is a bit larger than I'd like, but since I have such a small head I think it should be fine for someone looking for a looser hat.

Comments

Popular Posts