February #1 - #5 A Solid, A Stripe, and A Chunky Trio...Oh My!

Winter has been mild this year, but nonetheless, I have been fighting multiple colds and feeling like a hamster in a cage at work. No matter how quickly I spin my wheel I can't seem to catch up on my work. Therefore, work has been coming home with me on the weekends. Sigh... Which we all know to mean, less time for knitting, and certainly less time for photos and posting. With President's Day and a lovely Spring day (I'm certain we'll pay for it later), I was able to photograph and catch up.
















I've called this hat "Seasonally Green" is because the pattern is the Dark Seasonal Hat which is available as a free Ravelry download. I used Berroco Comfort in what I think is Adirondack (the band is missing, but I remember having ordered this yarn for another, never finished, project) on a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. The pattern calls for an aran weight yarn, but I just used this and stayed with the same needle size. I used my now favorite Old Norwegian cast-on and used were knit, purl, and a mock cable. I've had this hat in my Ravelry favorites for a few years now, so I was happy to have finally tried it.
















"Happy Stripes" is one of my favorite hats. I had made a less stripey version for my daughter and found it to be so quick, I thought I'd make another using all the bits from my Comfort scrap bag. While I am completely in love with the hat, I really didn't love weaving in all those ends! The pattern is the oddly named Hat #18 Scrap Hat which is available as a free Ravelry download. I used Berroco Comfort on a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl, slip stitch and k2tog. Super cute.





















I really do try my best to use the yarn that I have when making projects for charity. But....I was making hearts and just "needed" something different, happened to notice this yarn on sale. And. Well.... I made the hearts and used the "leftovers" to make a few hats using Purl Soho's Super Soft Merino Hats for Everyone pattern available for free on their website. These are the women's size, made with Premier's Serenity Chunky yarn in Spring, Majesty, and the Seven Seas colorways. The stitches used are knit, purl and k2tog.  I love chunky yarn, I just don't like the size 11 needles I needed to use. They were however super quick to make. I not only made these three, I also made three baby hats to finish off the yarn. All in 2.5 days, but my hands are paying the price. Ouch!

Comments

Popular Posts