June #3 & #4 White Bread and Stripes

Neither hat is all that exciting, other than I can say I made more than two hats for the month. I'm still a bit behind for the year, but I'm catching up.
















The pattern is the Gingerbread Hat and is available as a free Ravelry download. I used my favorite Berroco Comfort in grape for the band and Lion Brand Pound of Love in white for the remainder of the hat. I used 16" size 7 circular needles and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used knit, purl, K2tog, SSK, P2tog, C6F (the six stitch cable, cable needle to the front, all stitches knit), and S2KP (slip two stitches as is to k2tog onto right needle, knit next stitch, pass the first two stitches over the knitted stitch). I've made this hat before and it is an easy pattern that knits up rather quickly.
















My other hat I'm calling White Stripes (so creative!), using again that Pound of Love yarn since I need to use that stuff up! I also used some Bernat Satin Solid in Sable. Since the tan yarn is thinner than than the white I used a size 6 needle while knitting that yarn and a size 7 needle while knitting up the white. After the ribbing I just knit five rows of each color until I liked the length and called it done.

Comments

Popular Posts