Catching up...yet again

School started up again, this year being a bit out of the norm in how much work I needed to do to get ready. Consequently, fiber time came to an almost stand still. I did manage to finish a few nondescript hats by simple stitching without a pattern.

The first hat reminds me of tiger strips, not certain why since it isn't the coloring of a tiger. The yarn is a discontinued Hobby Lobby yarn - Italia in the colorway Umbria. I used a size 8 needle and size 8 dpns and just did a simple stockinette stitch until the simple decreases. Simple!

This hat used a mystery yarn from my stash, size 7 needles and 7 dpns. I did a 2x2 ribbing for 1.5 inches. I knit five rounds and then did a purl, knit, and purl sequence. I repeated the eight rounds two more times beginning my decreases in the round before the final KPK rounds.


I wasn't certain I would have enough of the blue mystery yarn to make an entire hat, so I added some white mystery yarn stripes. Same needles, with four rounds of the blue, six of the white, three more blue, six more white and then I finished in the blue beginning the decreases.

I'd love to get back to patterned hats, but for now at least I'm knitting.



Comments

Popular Posts