January #1 & #2 - Poodle & Spumoni

My two first finishes of the year and within the first five days. It helps school is still on winter break, but I'm off to a great start. I think this might be a year of children's hats, at least for a bit. I'll re-evaluate this idea come summer. For now there are many "new to me" patterns to explore.
















Poodle (or hat #1) is still using that Lion Brand's Pound of Love, along with Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Black and Ivory. The pattern is Simple Stripes Baby Hat, available for free either through the link or as a Ravelry download. It is knit with a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl and k2tog.I also wanted a slightly larger hat so I c/o 72 stitches and opted not to finish the hat with the gathered top. Of course I forgot to make adjusts for this and knit the pattern as written. Then couldn't understand why I had such a wide and short hat. Duh! I ripped it out, omited the eyelet row altogether and at about 5.5” from the rolled up edge (just about at the end of the last pink stripe) I began a standard decrease pattern. I felt the hat still needed a little something so I made a pom using my Llama Lloom. I should have taken a picture of all the yarn I trimmed off the pom, oyi!
















Spumoni (or hat #2) uses the same colors as hat #2 with the addition of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Glacier (I say mint). The pattern is Rollipop, available for purchase on Ravelry. It is knit with a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl and k2tog. I knit the toddler sized with a c/o of 80 stitches and actually followed the directions. Sort of. The pattern calls uses a smaller sized needle for the rolled edge and ribbing. I elected to only use the size 6, which put some of my measurements off, but that was easy to work around. I kept wanting ice cream as I was knitting.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts