September #1-2 - The two Blues: Bob and Fernando

These have been finished for awhile now, I've just always been busy on the weekends when I can get outside to take a decent photo. I started the light blue hat all the way back in July but it languished in the project bag and didn't get completed until the beginning of the month. The two tone hat came together quickly since it was a simple knit. I've been doing other knitting since, trying (emphasizing trying) to get a start on my holiday gift knitting and a small test knit. Once the test knit is finished it will back to hat knitting.



The first of the Blues is Blue Fernando, as mentioned started back in July but finished up weeks later. Not because of the pattern, just my own inattentiveness. The pattern is Fernando and is available as a free Ravelry download, made with Cascade 220 Superwash in Baby Denim. It is knit with a size 6 and size 7 16" circular needle and dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl, k2tog and four stitch cables. The most amazing thing about this hat is I taught myself how to cable without a cable needle. I used the Knit Purl Hunter video suggested in the pattern and it was super simple to learn and use. I feel very accomplished.




The second of the Blues is Blue Bob. The pattern is The Bob Hat and is available as a free Ravelry download, made with Cascade 220 Superwash in Blue Velvet and Baby Denim. It is knit with two strands together. It is knit with a size 7 16" circular needle and dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl, slip and k2tog. I modified the ribbing portion of the pattern from the written seed stitch ribbing to a simpler plain rib as a matter of personal preference. I also forgot to change to change my needles to a larger size for the body of the hat. Oops. But it worked out and I love the thick, squishy feel of the hat and know that it will keep someone nice and toasty warm.

Comments

Popular Posts