Meet Greta Bea Parker

Yes, another bunny. Can you tell I love this pattern? I just feel compelled to keep making these, adding a slightly different personality to each one to suit the recipient. Any guesses where this lucky bunny now resides? She is definitely a fan of a particular Wisconsin football team.

Knit on thin little size 2 dpns with Koigu sock yarn, the pattern is the Mini-Sock Yarn Bunny by Susan B. Anderson. It is a joy to put together since Susan's construction techniques requires no sewing of parts. I've been fortunate to have taken a few classes with Susan and have gotten better at stuffing my little toys, but this one seems a bit plump. I've also gotten better at making those darn poms. Honestly, those things give me a run for my money.

No football fan is complete with out their cheesehead, a must have for this little bunny. I tried several attempts at knitting one, but finally gave up and went with a felted version. I really had no idea what I was doing but it looks okay. I used two colors of felt and a blanket stitch to put it all together. It is held on simply by the ears pulled through the slits I made after stuffing the hat.

I'm in love with this little bunny.


Comments

Popular Posts