Starting a conversation

About hats, what else? I was on quite the hat making spree in January, having made eleven during the month. The five I posted about earlier and then an additional six baby hats. They were knit using Susan B. Anderson's Simple Baby Cap 1 pattern from her Itty Bitty Hats book. If you're in need of easy-to-knit cute baby items, this book, plus Susan's other baby knit books are perfect.

In February I am the host, of sorts, for the Hats For Sailors monthly KAL/CAL and finished my selected pattern. The Plucky Knitter's The Conversationalist, available as a free Ravelry download. Since I used Cascade 220 Superwash (in Sapphire Heather and Silver Gray) I feel the yarn is a light worsted and decided to use a size 6 needle throughout. I also opted not to add a pom to keep more of a unisex look.


With my hat finished, I'll start back on the shawl I started in January. A project I'm very excited about (I've bought a lot of shawl projects yet I've only finished one). You'll be seeing the finished photos soon. Till then, let's keep talking about hats.



Comments

Popular Posts