The battle of the bunnies

I got this "hare" brained idea to make a couple of mini-bunnies to gift for Easter. When I started I didn't have quite the size needle I wanted, but I thought a size 3 would be small enough. The bunny was knitting up larger than I wanted, but I thought, when the ears are on it, I'll like it more. Then it was, when the feet are on it, I'll like it more. Then, when the face, then the tail. I should have just stopped when I was ahead and started over. But no....I ended up with a bunny with a weight problem.

Totally unhappy, and up early Easter morning I decided to make a new bunny. I quickly purchased Susan B. Anderson's new Spring Charm pattern (pattern for purchase on Ravelry and the kit is available from Barrett Wool Co.). I used Koigu Premium Merino in Lilac on a 2mm needles. I couldn't manage the little pom so I used a premade craft pom. 

He is just the size I wanted and I think he's adorable. The bonus is that mom loved him.

Comments

Popular Posts