Solid, Solid, Stripe

 With everything else in the world changing, so too has the amount of time it takes to ship packages to far off places. Especially when sending them to military ships. I know because it feels like it takes forever for my care packages to arrive to my daughter. But this will also play into this fall's shipment from Hats for Sailors. Therefore they have moved their deadline up to October 2nd. I'm not ready. Surprised? I'm not. Like most people, this has been a strange year and my knitting mojo has been spotty at best. Time to kick it into high gear and get a move on.

That said I simply brought the box of Cascade 220 Superwash into the TV room and cranked out few hats.


The Hurricane Hat is available for free from Andrea Goutier on her website. I only used a size 6 needle and c/o 100 stitches. Details are on my Ravelry project page.


This next hat is a purchased pattern through Ravelry, the Easiest Cabled Hat Ever. And it was. I did opt not to include a decorative sideways knit between the ribbing and body of the hat (because I didn't want to spend the time learning the stitch). I am in a hurry to crank out hats afterall.


The last hat, no pattern, simply c/o 100 stitches with 2x2 ribbing. Changed colors when I felt the urge or ran out of yarn. Nothing fancy but I love a hat with stripes.

I really need to get a new head to model my hats. This one is the same size as my head (which I know is small), which is why all my hats end up looking like they're huge. Which trust me they are not. I need one of those fancy glass ones. lol




Comments

Popular Posts