New year, new goals, and a new thumb (sort of)

 2020 ended the year with a bang. Literally. Squarely on my right thumb. While making a window well cover for my parents I dropped a piece of wood, hitting my thumb and breaking it. Of course it was my dominate hand and I got to wear a splint through the holidays and into the new year. That put an end to the rest of my holiday gift making. I'm working on those gifts now, although I haven't returned to the knit project just yet. I thought I would try my hand (or should I say thumb) out on a smaller project first to make sure my tension wasn't going to be affected. It turned out to be a good plan since the simple hat ended up taking me weeks to finish as my thumb would get sore quickly. Thankfully it appears to be improving and I should be able to return to the project soon.


I choose not to try anything challenging. Sticking to a simply ribbed band and stockinette hat with simple decreases. I held a Dream in Color sock yarn and a Patons DK together to create the marbled yarn look. I'm quite happy with the look.

Last year, I kept worked from my stash, buying a limited amount of yarn and I plan on doing the same for 2021. New knitting goals for this year include finishing a friendship blanket project started a few years ago, making at least one shawl for myself and perhaps one to gift, and trying my hand at non-wool socks. I don't want to get ahead of myself since I also plan on setting some quilting and sewing goals as well. I'll talk more about them next time.

Till then, I'll delight in the fact I'm able to use my needles again and play with yarn.


Comments

Popular Posts