Gifted garland

Last fall, fellow IBK Ravelry Carrie came to me with an idea to gift Susan B. Anderson, (the designer whom IBK is inspired by) with personalized tiny sweaters. I totally loved the idea and as one of the moderators of the group I was in a position to coordinate the project, so off we went.

What was originally planned as short and sweet, lasted longer to ensure no one was left out. We certainly weren't helped by life during lockdown, the bustle the holidays, and the postal system was definitely not our friend. But in the end I received 37 tiny sweaters from 19 different states plus Canada, Ireland and Norway. Those International ones taking the longest to arrive.

Each sweater is different, both in style and in size, some reflected a bit of the knitters personality. I thoroughly enjoyed opening each package, taking a picture of the sweater, labeling the photo and posting it to my Ravelry project page. I decided four separate garlands might be more manageable to display. Although they still kept getting tangled as I handled them.

Susan posted an un-boxing video (unfortunately it can not be displayed here), if you wish to view it on Instagram. The garland was a success and I thank Carrie for her original idea and everyone who contributed to the plan.

My sweater is in that top row, third from the right. I decided to make mine into the sweater I'd never be able to actually wear. Made of wool, adorned with chunky wool embroidery. 


I was inspired by Betz White's embroidered Woolly Wristlet's Tutorial from a 2019 blog post. She's done some beautiful embroidery on wool that I would love to be able to create and wear. Alas, that is not in the cards for this allergy girl. But it worked great for my little sweater. lol



Comments

Popular Posts