Modifications needed

Way back in 2013 I wrote a simple slouched hat pattern, cheekily named Slouch This! For some reason I gave it a provisional cast on. Well, I know why. I wanted a nice smooth edge that was a little looser. However, I really dislike doing provisional cast ons. I mean, I really, really, dislike them. They are fiddly, they are time consuming, they are just no fun. At all. And apparently, they have now decided they don't like me. Or at least this particular hat didn't. After I finished the hat and I could not get that brim to lay flat it came out. I picked up the live stitches, ripped out the orange, re-knit, bound off and then slip stitched the hem under. Much happier.

Which begs the question, do I now need to rewrite the pattern? Probably. I was thinking I might want to do so anyway in order to add some size options since it was originally written as a one-size-fits-all pattern. Now I just need to find the time. Yes, I'm about falling off my chair laughing at thought of thinking about the concept of unscheduled time. lol


For the stripes I used some of the mini skeins I've been collecting from my Color Collectors Mini Skein Subscription Box by Stunning Strings. I get my minis in Legacy Worsted so they are the perfect superwash for my Hats for Sailors donations. The minis are a great way to see all the fun colors each month and then I have them to add to my hats. I've just been admiring how pretty they are so I'll need to get busy and make a few more hats. lol


Comments

Popular Posts