Sweet baby gifts

These are past finishes from August that were finally gifted so I can now share. Obviously one took quite a bit longer than the other, I'm certain you can figure out which. My daughter's college roommate just had her first baby and asked my daughter to be godmother. This calls for baby gifts, right?


The pattern is the Norweigin Fir Top Down Cardigan with some Ella Rae Phoenix yarn from my stash. 

Although technically it was a simple pattern, I did need to mark it up to keep track of the stitches per row because of the multiple sizes included and I was very happy when I finally finished the yoke, separated for the sleeves and moved on to simply stockinette. Whew! I did mess up on the sleeves and only knit to 7" because I read the pattern wrong. I'm also not thrilled with the laddering on the sleeves. Perhaps it is time to look at getting some Flexi Flips? 

The neck looks small, but then again, it's been awhile since I've really held a baby. lol Overall I like the pattern and think the intended recipient will also like the gift. He's a big boy, so I'm not so sure if it will fit, even if I did make the 6-12 mo size.


My favorite of my two gifts is my baby quilt. I started with being able to find some Marquette fabric, but then the project stalled because I wasn't sure in what direction to go with it. I stumbled across this pattern, Quilty Stars Quilt. The colors were perfect for a baby boy and would coordinate with the college fabric, which I could then use for the background. I used Moda solids, changing the recommended white binding to a darker blue to tie in the backing. It was quilted by my local LYS, The Quilt Merchant, in order to get those wavy lines. The owner, Valerie did an amazing job translating my vision.

My daughter came for home her post deployment visit this month and was able to visit and meet her godson for the first time. He's adorable, of course.






Comments

Popular Posts