Christmas gifts revealed

The last of the Christmas knits have finally been gifted, which means I can now write (ahem, brag) about them. I was especially thrilled with my grand-nephew's Voodoo Joker doll. Although my grand-niece's Barbie clothes are pretty sweet too, especially the sweater, which I made up as I went.


The pattern is Voodoo you love me? by Susan Claudino and is available on Ravelry. I made no modifications to the pattern itself, other than switching up coloring. I was heavily inspired for the pants and vest by another Raveler who I credited on my project page. The tie and vest were a matter of trial and error. The face took quite a bit of working to get just right. I didn't want anything too scary so I went off the Lego version of The Joker. The hair is randomly knotted on and took me freaking forever! Hahaha. I did my best to take notes as I went and left details on my Ravelry project page.



I couldn't find a pattern I liked for the sweater so I heavily adapted an ornament pattern holding two strands of fingering weight yarn. There was lots of knitting, tinking and re-knitting involved. The pants I also just made up based on what I thought they should be. Again, notes on my Ravelry project page.

The dresses were patterns by Sticka till Barbie, a Swedish designer whose website became unavailable on January 1st, but thanks to the "Wayback Machine", you could still find her patterns, if interested. The drawback being that they are all written for seamed knitting, which I'm not fond of. So I one dress I adapted to knit in the round, the other I followed another Ravelers directions who already figured it out. As always look at my project page for my notes.


For sweet little Emma and Wyatt I made two quick hats in case they get a cold wave. Not right now of course, it's been super hot in TX. But you never know with climate change. I used HiKoo Simpliworsted for both of them, using patterns I've used previously. Pink for Emma, well, because it's pink. And for Wyatt I went with his new school colors.


My parents have a wonderful lady a few days a week that helps mom. I gave her a bundle of these along with her Christmas bonus this year. Of course I used Knit Picks Dishie and sets by Kris Knits.

Details for both the hats and cloths are....you guess it, on my Ravelry project pages.


The final little make of the year wasn't really a gift, but stockings for my kids. We've always had stockings for them, filled with "stuff". I didn't do it last year since my daughter wasn't with us and I felt we were missing something. It has become harder through the years to keep the tradition going as they got older. Honestly, they just want the cash, lol. So I came up with these little stockings after looking at several different versions on line and not finding exactly what I wanted. The letters are wool that I embroidered on. They are just large enough for a Starbucks gift card and a little cash.

I'm all caught up, back to my charity knitting. 







Comments

Popular Posts