September hat #2 - Le Rosette un Bleu




















So not really a new hat pattern. This is the Shells and Trellis pattern, which has quickly become my favorite hat to whip up when I feel the need to finish a hat in a hurry. What makes THIS hat my second hat for the month is the rosette that I learned how to make. One of my fellow Ravelry friends made one and I fell in love with the idea. Eileen was kind enough to post the directions, which can also be found on the Lion Brand Yarn website.

The hat used a partial skein of Berroco Comfort in Grape Jelly and a H hook. I thought is was just a bit short so I added a final row of sc for added length. Because the flower pattern is adaptable to many yarn weights and gauge is not really necessary for an embellishment piece (or at least it isn't for me). I stayed with the Comfort yarn and used some leftover yarn in Pumpkin and Pot-Au-Feu (multi-colored). I made the medium rosette, chaining 35 out of the multicolored yarn, and then repeated it again making a separate piece out of the Pumpkin. Stitches used for both hat and rosette are dc, sc, and sl st.


Comments

Popular Posts