January #3 - Da Bears















                                         
I love watching football, especially at the end of the season. In Chicago, it is all about the Bears (except for those who love the Green Bay Packers). This past weekend there was such an incredible amount of hype generated for the big game that I just felt compelled to create a hat in honor of the home team. Since I didn't find any patterns, I decided to just knit what I knew. I used my favorite Comfort yarns casted on 90 stitches and then knit 4 rows of 2k2p ribbing. And I just started knitting, for about 5 inches adding the appropriate stripes and ended with a basic decrease pattern. Presto. A hat for any die-hard Bears fan. As for the game... it ended just as I predicted, with a Packers win. Perhaps I'll need to go find some green and gold yarn.

I used Berrocco Comfort in Chalk, Pumpkin, and Navy Blue. The hat is knit on a 16" size 8 circular needle and 1 set of size 8 dp. Stitches used are knit, purl, and K2tog. If I were to make this hat again, I think it would look better to have only one set of stripes, making the white/orange/white combo a bit thicker (the bonus here is not so many ends to weave in) I also think it would be better with a wider folded brim instead of the ribbed edge.

Comments

Popular Posts