April #3 - Bunny Hat : donations accepted

Would you believe that April's hat #3 was actually being posted on May 15th? Well, given that I posted hat #2 on May 1st and then Blogger was having issues, makes it not so hard to believe at all. Needless to say, May hats will get posted rather quickly, because they're already done! Well at least two of them anyway. But I digress... back to the Bunny Hat.

This cute little Bunny Hat was not originally intended to be a challenge hat. It was created for my LYS's mascot, Fuzzy Bear. Apparently there was a request or two for the pattern and I was asked to write it up. Thus began a very short lived debate of whether I should just give it away or charge for it. Would anyone really purchase it? But...perhaps they would consider a donation. So...I set up my Ravelry store account to "sell" the pattern for $1.00. I'll then donate any purchases to Halos of Hope. We'll see what happens. If it actually happens, I might try a few more.

The pattern, Durango, is available as a Ravelry download . I used Berroco Comfort yarn in Chalk with Raspberry Sorbet for the inner ears . The hat is crocheted with a size I hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch. The finished circumference is about 17" and would probably fit a small baby. If a larger hat size is desired a simple continuation of the increase pattern will make the hat large enough to fit the intended recipient.

Comments

Popular Posts