May #1 - Blue Bonnet
















Here we are at nearly the end of the month and I'm sadly posting my first hat of May. The month has been filled with preparations for my daughter's graduation from college, moving my son home from his first year of college, and the end of school (which means inventory) for me. Needless to say it's been busy around our house. Leaving not of needle time and selfishly what time I have I want to spend working on a project and not blogging. Shame on me, I know.

The pattern is available for free from Caron. I used a Cotton Ease by Lion Brand in Violet. I went up in hook size to an H hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, slip stitch, and reverse single crochet. The hat is worked in the round so a stitch marker is essential. The reverse single crochet creates the band and was a new stitch for me. I'm not so sure I worked it correctly, but I think it looks OK. I'm not real happy with the brim however since it doesn't seem to be as "brimmy" as I think it should be. The hat looks much better on me than on Mrs. White (my hat dummy), but then I couldn't take a picture of it. Even going up a hook size the hat is on the small size, which is why it fits me better than Mrs. White. Oh well... I'm keeping all those small headed chemo patients well turned out.

Comments

  1. Hi Pat, It is Stephanie from UIUC. I thought I would try to connect with you. Shoot me an email if you have time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts