August 2011 hat #1 - Black Beauty
















Over the past year of locating pattern I typically find a pattern I really want to make and then look in my stash for the perfect yarn. If I haven't any, I go make a purchase. While this has been good for the economy, it hasn't always been good for my bottom line. I'm also have a mild addiction to yarn. At least I think its mild, since I can only imagine that there are some knitters who must have more stash than I have. Anyway, my point is, I need to change my ways and try to find patterns that work with my stash.

For the hot days of August I looked around for a quick and easy hat pattern that would utilize a nice soft black cotton I had. I found McKinley's Springtime Hat, available for free on Ravelry. I used I Love This Cotton! The hat is crocheted with a size H hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet and slip stitch. The pattern offers directions for two sizes, newborn and toddler, but can easily be adapted for a larger adult version. I added a simple flower embellishment that I wish were a bit larger, but I'm willing to live with (mainly because it doesn't really bother me enough to re-do it).

Comments

Popular Posts