August 2011 hat #3 - Roseberry


Have I ever mentioned (other than my last post) how much I like Susan B. Anderson's designs? Especially...her hats. Not that I don't also love her toys and her new stunning Seeing Stars Blanket, but obviously I have a thing for hats. I have made a few of her hats previously, but this is my first for Halos of Hope. I was looking for a pattern that I could stitch up quickly and this delightful number fit my needs perfectly. That was until I got to the picot trim. Try as I might I couldn't figure it out and I stitched a few, tinked it back, tried again, tinked it back. This pattern repeated itself for about thirty minutes or so. At which point I suddenly had a "boy am I stupid" moment. Susan posts tutorial videos on her blog. With a quick trip to my computer I saw how EASY the picot trim really was. Thank you Susan.

The pattern is available in Susan's Itty Bitty Hats book. I used Berroco Comfort in Rose and Pimpernel for the main hat with the trim and edging in Ivory. I used 16" size 7 circular needle and 1 set of size 7 dpn. Stitches used are knit, purl, K2tog, yarn over, i-cord, and picot edging. I love this little hat and I imagine lots of color combinations in my future.

Comments

Popular Posts