Happiest Hat Contest

Comments on the Ravelry group got me to thinking, I make hats for the simple reason that I'd like to brighten someone's day. God gave me a talent, I should use this talent to help others. No, I'm not changing the world, but hopefully making someone feel better about themselves at a time when perhaps they might not be feeling so good otherwise. It's simple, its a small contribution, but if each person did something simple and small, think of how much better our world would be.

Anyway, the comment on Ravelry gave me the idea to have a simple contest with simple rules.
  1. You must be a member of the Ravelry group 12 months = 24 hats.
  2. Select what you think is your happiest looking hat (or make your happiest hat) and post a picture. One hat entry per person. (If you are unsure how to post a picture, post a link to your project page, although I’d prefer a picture so that all hats would be in one easy to see place).
That's it. Two rules. The contest will end on December 31st at 11:59pm. A panel of judges (my husband and adult children, as I will remove myself from judging in case I’m biased) will determine the winner sometime shortly thereafter and the winner will be notified both here and on Ravelry.

Prizes will include some yummy yarn and other goodies, but I won’t be specific so that it’s a surprise.

Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts