October 2011 hat #2 - Pumpkin
















Pathetically posting my second October hat after the fact. Plus I've not posted almost the entire month, YIKES! You would have thought I'd have something to say, and indeed I did. I just didn't have the energy to sit at my computer to actually type it. Well, I was sitting here, typing. But it was work/school related. I got so little yarn time that I've become quite the grouchy person. My husband has remarked that I seem "angry". Perhaps stressful might be a more accurate description, since time spent knitting and crocheting relaxes me and, while I can not scientifically prove it, I do feel it de-stresses me and allows me accept those events in life I can not change. Perhaps it is because I'm creating change elsewhere. I'm not moving mountains, but I truly believe I'm bringing about change in someone's life when they choose one of my handcrafted hats to wear home from treatment. Hopefully the hat makes them feel warmer, or prettier, or perhaps just that they know someone out there cares.

The pattern is available in Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty Hats book. I used Berroco Comfort in Pumpkin (oh so original) for the main hat with the leaf and stem in Seedling. I used 16" size 7 circular needle and 1 set of size 7 dpn. Stitches used are knit, purl, K2tog, P2tog, knit in the front and back of the same stitch. Very easy hat, but very seasonally appropriate.

Comments

Popular Posts