December 2011 hat #1 - Candy Cane



















Here it is yet again at the end of the month and yet again I am posting my first hat of the month. Just what has happened to my hat making ability? At least I have an excuse his month - gift knitting. Given the Christmas holiday I was busy making a few items to give as presents to those I love. All of them took far more time than planned, which is always way it seems to work out. I actually did start and finish a hat early on in the month, a fun little hat adorned with a tangle of Christmas lights. Unfortunately I struggled with the crocheted version of the lights, came up with my own knitted version, but needed to put it aside in order to complete my holiday gifts on time (which I might add I finished with only two days to spare).

Instead I decided on another appropriate holiday themed hat by Susan B. Anderson, from her Itty-Bitty Hats book - Candy Cane. Of course I used Berroco Comfort in Wild Cherry and Pearl. I used 16" size 7 circular needles and 1 set of size 7 dpn. Stitches used are knit and K2tog. If you need help with jogless stripes, see the links in my previous post. I think my pom could have been a little fuller, but then I've never been that adept at making poms. I need to get me one of those little tools, perhaps that will help. Otherwise making a hat doesn't get easier than this, and look at how cute this is.

Comments

Popular Posts