December 2011 hat #2 - Licorice
















After noticing that I haven't posted a crocheted hat since August, I was determined that I would do so this month. What I didn't count on was the fact that all the crocheted hats I like seem to be more suited for warmer weather. Now I realize it doesn't matter since my hats have the potential to travel to any state, and there are still some states experience warm weather year round, but I just couldn't get "into" any of these hats. Thankfully a few clicks of a mouse in Ravelry's pattern search and I came upon one I felt I could "warm" up to. Off I went. I selected, what I thought was a reasonable yarn substitute for the yarn used by the designer, and began crocheting what turned into a massive blob. OK. I'll make changes to account for the obvious difference in fiber and started over, I got another not so massive, yet ugly blob. I needed a new course of action. I chucked that idea and went back to the pattern search where I quickly found a pattern I liked even more. Fate.

I found the Ribbed-wrapped Kid Cap. I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton in black. The hat is crocheted with a size I hook. Stitches used are chain, double crochet, front post double crochet, back post double crochet, and slip stitch. The pattern offers directions for toddler and child, but there is also a preemie and newborn version. I did have to work at the pattern a bit, but that's just my non-crochet brain at work. The pattern once started is very easy to follow and make. I hadn't realize the photo was so bad.  I had planned on taking another photo before I donated it, but then forgot to do so, so I apologize for the bad lightening.

Comments

Popular Posts