September 2012 #1 - Aster Station
















Cleverly knit in-the-round for 3.5" than a simple wrap & turn in order to begin to work backwards. A simple flipping of the work inside out makes it easy to continue working a knit stitch, in-the-round, while creating the purl effect for the remainder of the hat. Although a simple knit stitch the crown has an interesting cross-top in the pattern that I received compliments of Malabrigo while at Stityches Midwest.

The pattern, Station Hat by Alexandra Tinsley, is available for purchase through Ravelry. I used Berroco Comfort in Aster on a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, k2tog, and SSK. I love the easy feel of the hat and the way it fell on my head, giving it a slight slouchy look. I admit, don’t like the way I look in too many hats, but I liked this one enough that I do plan on making another one of these for myself.

Comments

Popular Posts