September 2012 #2 - Golden Stripes
















When I was looking for a new pattern I was struck by the beauty of the yarn used for this hat. Of course because I rarely use wool in my hats for Halos of Hope, (not that you couldn't, I just choose not to), I went instead with my favorite soft yarn, Berroco Comfort. Which, let's face it, just doesn't have the same subtle coloring as a variegated wool. That said, I find the hat a bit boring and I'm now working on a flower embellishment to add a little zip to brighten it up but I wanted to get my second hat posted for September and I'm not sure I'll be finished with the embellishment tonight.

The pattern is Garter-Ridged Hat and is #31 in the 60 Quick Knits. I used Berroco Comfort in Lidfors with the garter ridges in Filbert on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, and k2tog. It really doesn't get a whole lot easier that this. I promise to post an update to show off the embellishment as soon as its finished.  I'm thinking of something in felt, most likely with purple flowers.  Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts