April 2013 #2 - Star Struck
















Even though it was not finished in April it was started in April, so I'm counting it as my April hat. As I've mentioned I've really struggled with the "star" theme. I had this idea in my head of wanting to put just one big star on a hat but just could not find a pattern that would work the way I wanted. And believe me, I tried many different options, both knitted and crocheted. I finally remembered that I had been gifted Melody Griffiths 201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Projects, and Ideas book. Viola! I finally found what I was looking for. Did the hat turn out exactly like the vision in my brain? Not really, but I'm moving on...

The pattern, Cecily Beanie, is no longer available for free, but is now part of a digital download. I used Berroco Comfort in Copen Blue on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl and k2tog. I prefer to knit in the round so I modified the pattern by c/o 88 stitches and then changed the decrease sequence to match. The star motif is in Berroco Comfort Ivory on a G hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, half double crochet and slip stitch. As usual, I really can't read crochet patterns so I sort of half followed the directions, but in the end it sort of looks like the picture. Perhaps I need to really learn how to crochet some day. Yeah, when I have time. LOL

Comments

Popular Posts