May 2013 #1 - Mixed-up May
















We are more than third of the way through the year and my posting tardiness unfortunately continues.  Not only was spring taking longer than expected to reach me but the month was more than a bit out of the ordinary since I could have sworn I had already posted a hat for the month.  Oops!  However, I did want to try something completely different this month so I thought I'd try my hand at designing a hat with lots of different colors and stitch changes. Just for fun. Just because I needed the challenge. I don't think I came up with anything revolutionary, but I feel its a cute little hat. I certainly could have been more thoughtful in the color choices, but I simply grabbed whichever color was closest as I tend to over think my color choices as a general rule and I was "trying" to be different.

The pattern is available on my pattern page and as a Ravelry download. I used Berroco Comfort in Chambray, Goldenrod, Copen Blue, Ivory, Pimpernel, Hummus, Seedling, Rosebud (from the brim up). I used 16" size 7 circular needle and 1 set of size 7 dpn. Stitches used are knit, purl, K2tog, and an adapted Small Fancy Twist from Potter Craft's 400 Knitting Stitches. Although I used plenty of color I believe the hat would look equally as nice in fewer colors or with only one color.

Comments

Popular Posts