May 2014 #1 - Spring Stripes
















I've had this hat finished since the middle of the month, and the pictures taken almost as long. So why has it taken me till the last day of the month to post it on the blog? It's May, its the end of school and I'm simply too tired when I get home to start up the computer. Only a few more weeks and still so much to accomplish before the start of summer. And I refuse to call it a summer break since I have such a long "to do" list that I find it hard to think of it as a break at all. Perhaps this year I'll actually finish a piece of personal knitting? Yes, I'm not holding my breath either.

This month's hat is designed Darleen Hopkins. She is a big supporter of Halos of Hope and has created some adorable designs for the various past campaigns. We've met online, but someday, hopefully, I'll get to meet Darleen in person. The pattern, Candy Corn Cap, is available for purchase on Ravelry. I used Lily Sugar n'Cream yarn in Yellow, Soft Ecru, Blue and Hot Green. You'll notice I chose not to make it in Halloween colors (for obvious reasons) and I'm pleased with the stripe look. Which can be easily adapted to any of a variety of color combinations. The hat is crocheted with a size I hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, double crochet and slip stitch. There are multiple sizes for the pattern and each comes with well written directions for beginning with an adjustable ring/magic loop and was easy to follow (even for me). The stitch pattern is easy to remember, even if I struggled with doing so, and I think the experienced crocheter would find the pattern very easy. Me, being me, of course, had to look at the pattern constantly which just slowed me down until I finished the increases.  I do however really like the look for the stitch pattern, so I'll most likely give the hat another go at some other time.


Comments

Popular Posts