January 2016 #1 - Go Fish
















After too many months of silence I'm jumping back into the water, returning to both hat knitting and this blog. I opted to have hand surgery on my dominate hand last June. My body didn't like that much and decided not to help it by healing properly. This required an another surgery in late September. Needless to say, I've had lots of physical therapy and plenty of lost knitting time throughout the year. I hadn't realized how much I relied on knitting to relieve my stress. Thankfully I've been given the go ahead to knit, I am now only hampered by the continued arthritis that limits the time I'm capable of actually knitting.

My first hat back is the playful Half Fish Beanie and is available for free. The hat is knit with Berroco Comfort in Dusk, Pearl, Olive, Lindfors, Adirondack, Lavender Frost, Raspberry Coulis, and Blueberry Heather on a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used were knit, purl, k2tog, ssk, and kfb. Based on the notes from my previous knit of this hat, I c/o 88 stitches in order to have an even k2p2 all the way around. Which changed the decrease set-up round to have 22 stitches between each place marker. I again, couldn't figure out the tail directions so I increased evenly for a round to get to 28 stitches, placed 11 on a stitch holder and then continued with the directions. Again, following my earlier notes, I used a kitchener stitch to the end of the tail and then a whip stitch for the edges.

Comments

  1. Welcome back, my friend. You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be back, and thank you for noticing I've been gone. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts