February 2016 #1 - Quick
















Charity knitting is a big part of who I am and what I do. Not only am I committed to knitting hats for Halos of Hope, but I also try to participate in other charities as often as can. I recently made a hat that required colorwork and found that my post-surgery hands no longer allow me to hold the yarn in both hands. After several frustrating attempts I did figure out a way to knit the hat, but wasn't all that pleased with the final tension. Which of course got me to thinking...how many patterns had I saved in Ravelry required colorwork? This of course led me to spend much more time than I wished deleting and organizing my pattern favorites last week. I also found a few patterns I had (obviously) forgotten about.

This was one of those patterns, and as the hat name implies it was quick. The pattern is the Quick and Easy Slouchy Hat which is available as a free Ravelry download. I used Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Claret on a size 11 16" circular needle and a set of 11 dpns. I was supposed to switch to larger needles after the ribbing, but apparently I do not have size 13 needles (umhum...can you say gift?), but other than making the hat a bit less slouchy, it worked out okay. Stitches used were knit, purl, and p3tog.

Comments

Popular Posts