March #1 & #2 - Smokey Stripes and Just Stripes

Obviously I haven't been very good at keeping up with my postings. Both of these hats were quick and easy and both of them were actually finished in March. (not in April as in the posting date) I haven't a clue where the time has gone. Spring is coming late this year. The weather is just now starting to warm up, the trees just starting to bloom, and the birds just starting to return to the backyard feeder. Thankfully school will end soon and I'll have lots of sunny days to enjoy leisurely days of knitting AND getting my postings written on time.
















Smokey Stripes was inspired by the Cherry-O! pattern by Susan B. Anderson published in her Itty Bitty Hats book.  I used Berroco Comfort in Lavender Frost and Lillet on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used were knit, and k2tog. I c/o 88 stitches, followed the pattern for the stripes and then changed my decreases accordingly. I even paid attention to the directions and carried my colors correctly. Yeah me!
















There was no pattern for Just Stripes.  I used a size 7 16" circular needle and c/o 88 stitches and then did a k2p2 ribbing for 3.5 inches with four rows of each color stripe. The yarn is all Berroco Comfort, the ribbing in Copen Blue and the stripes are Chalk or Pearl (the band was off and the two colors are too similar) and Iron Oxide. Simple, yet it does the trick.

Comments

Popular Posts