June #1 - Bable



















Has it really been since February that I posted a hat? Shame on me. But then again, my head has been in a stressed place and my hands have not been cooperating much either. Sadly this hat was actually started and probably finished in March, but I have not had the energy or mental state of mind to look at my computer when I get home. Enough of that, you want to know about the hat, right? Guess what, I don't really remember! lol.

Not certain why I still insist on naming my hats, but I do, but I'm running out creativity. This one is lamely called Bable because it is a cabled hat knit with brown yarn (I can hear the groans already). The pattern Declan's Hat which is available as a free Ravelry download. I used Bernat Satin in mocha on (I think) a size 8 16" circular needle and a set of 8 dpns. The pattern calls for size 6 needle, but I found the size 8 in the bag with the finished hat and yarn waiting to be put into Ravelry, and honestly, it's been awhile since I finished. However, looking at my stitches it certainly looks like I used the size 8 and based on my stitch count I knit the small size. Since the hat fits me loosely, I'm fairly confident I picked up the larger needles. Oops. Which could explain why I had such a difficult time getting the cables to lay properly. I knit and ripped, knit and ripped, so many times I was getting frustrated. I really didn't understand what I was doing wrong. I just figured my head wasn't in the game. It never occurred to me to check my needle size. Yet another lesson learned.

Comments

Popular Posts