Friday, June 16, 2017

June #2 - Ivy
















My hands have been a bit achy so I switched to crochet which offers different movement. Even after all the hats I've made, I still do not consider myself a crocheter since I still have difficulty understanding patterns. Once I figure it out, I can move right along, I just don't "get it". As per usual, I started, ripped out, re-worked, ripped out, tried again, ripped out, and I think figured out the pattern on my fourth attempt. It really shouldn't be this difficult, and I'm not even certain I did figure it out, but it looked okay, so...I just went with what I had.

The pattern is In Bloom Beret and Cap by Brittney Waterhouse and is available for free as a Ravelry download.  I used Berroco Comfort in Lovage for the brim, and Marum body of the hat and I used a size I hook. Stitches used were slip stitch, single crochet and a bobble (made from double crochets). I typically crochet loosely so I went down a hook size from the recommended "J" called for in the pattern, however, I found that the cap was turning out a bit on the small size. I decided to add an extra row of increases to compensate. (no I did not swatch, lol)  I opted not to add the button and might actually make this again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment