March #2-4 - Should baby hats only count as half a hat?

That's always been my question when counting how many hats I make in a year. Should baby hats count as much as an adult hat? The take less yarn to make and certainly less time. I can typically crank one out in an evening if I'm not doing anything fancy. Or, am I simply being too picky? lol. Either way, knitting for charity has happened and some sweet little baby will have a warm head.



For all of these hats I used Berroco Comfort on a size 6 needle and size 6 dpns. The four striped hats were made using the Simple Baby Cap 1 pattern from Itty Bitty Hats book by Susan B. Anderson. The yellow hat is in Lindfors for ten rows, two rows each of three random scrap colors. The self striping hat is in Security Blanket and I choose to add a i-cord loop to the top. The white striped is in Chalk with Pimpernel (red) and Rosebud (pink). Ten rows of red, four pink, twelve white, four red, two pink and the remainder in white. The blue and white stripe is four rows each of Delft Blue and Chalk. Stitches used were knit and k2tog. As the name implies it is simple and easy to do.

The dark red hat (Dried Plum) is also a pattern by Susan B. Anderson, the Hello Baby Hat and is available as a free Ravelry download. Stitches used are knit, purl, k2tog and an i-cord. It is one of my favorite baby hat patterns and I knit it several dozen times.

The cabled hat is in Chambray (a sadly discontinued color) in the Twisted Baby Hat. Stitches used are knit, purl, C6F, P2tog, and K2tog.

Whether you are knitting adult or baby hats, all charity knitting matters. Keep stitching friends.

Comments

Popular Posts