Busy start to 2019



If my neighbors had been looking out their windows this morning they probably thought I was a little crazy. Snow is falling and I'm out on the front porch taking pictures of finished hats because the light is better outside than in.


I've been busy knitting every night and have several finishes to share. A couple of easy baby hats and some simple stripes. The baby hats are knit in Berroco Comfort, Gooseberry Heather and Cadet. The pattern is the Hello Baby Hat by Susan B. Anderson, available for free either via the link or through Ravelry. I've made this hat - a LOT. These will be part of a year long donation project for Blessing Bags.

The striped hats will be donated to a school in Maine as part of the monthly Itty Bitty Knits charities. Both hats are knit with Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn. I didn't use a pattern for either, just cast on and go. Two rows of stripes for the red & white version and four rows for the black and white. The other difference is the r&w also has about an 1.5" of 2x2 ribbing while the b&w doesn't. But it does have that great red pom. lol. 


This lovely hat is made with Queensland Collection Rustic Wool in Color 19. I used a size 6 needle for the ribbing and size 8 needle for the body of the hat. The pattern is Pick Up the Thread and is available for free as a Ravelry download. If I were to make this again I'd probably skip using the smaller needle as I think the ribbing is a bit tighter than I'd like it to be. If you look closely, you can even see snowflakes had fallen on the hat while I was taking this picture. 

Comments

Popular Posts